SUPER LEAN COURGETTE MEATBALLS
Succulent, warm, packed with protein goodness, and full of tasty crunches & munches…try this little treat out for dinner tonight!💪💪💪👌
- lean mince
- Whole courgette or already prepared courgette noodles
- Chopped tinned tomatoes
- Dried oregano
- Garlic cloves
- Low fat cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven. Take the lean mince & make into small balls. Place the balls on an oven tray or dish & put in the oven for 15mins, turning them occasionally.
- While the meatballs are cooking. Fry a chopped onion along with some well chopped garlic cloves, in the pan until it is sautéed. Add the whole tin of chopped tomatoes. Let the mixture simmer & add 1/2 tbsp oregano.
- Make the courgette into spaghetti using a spiraliser. Most supermarkets now do already prepared spaghetti courgette if this is handier for you.
- Take the meatballs out of the oven & add to the tomato sauce in the pan. Let this simmer together while you put the courgette spaghetti into a steamer for 5 mins.
- Serve the meatballs in sauce on top of a good helping of courgette & season with a small pinch of low fat cheese (optional).