👌SUPER LIGHT SWEET & SOUR👌
🔥Like your food sweet & sour then try this out…it’s like dinner and dessert all in one pop!🔥
- vegetable oil 2 tsp
- chicken breasts 2, cut into bite-sized pieces
- green pepper 1, diced
- red pepper 1, diced
- spring onions chopped
- garlic 2 cloves, finely chopped
- ginger a thumb-sized piece, finely chopped
- tinned pineapple chunks
- basmati rice
Sweet & sour sauce:
* cornflour 1 tbsp
* soft light brown sugar ½ tbsp
* pineapple juice 2 tbsp from the tin
* dark soy sauce 1 tbsp
* rice vinegar 1½ tbsp
* tomato ketchup 1 tbsp
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok over a high heat and cook the chicken for 5 minutes until caramelised, then scoop out onto a plate. Stir-fry the peppers and spring onions for 5 minutes until charred. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 1 minute.
- Put the cornflour and sugar into a small bowl, stir in the pineapple juice, soy and vinegar until smooth, then add the ketchup and 100ml of water. Pour into the pan, add the chicken and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Stir through the pineapple chunks for the final 2 minutes of cooking to warm through.
- Serve with basmati rice.